ads

Tuesday 20 September 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: It's always the people isn't it?

Ask HN: It's always the people isn't it?
27 by thisiswrongggg | 18 comments on Hacker News.
I'm in this line of work for almost 17 years now and having yet one more of these days where I'm measuring how much time I am in my current company to see if I'm ok to start looking. And I remember that every single time I wanted to run away from a role/company/project the main reason was always the other people in and around it. Personality incompatibilities, to put it gently. Ar$eholes to put it right. That kind of stuff dissolves teams, burns people out, drives people out, wrecks projects and companies. I'm curious. What's your view on this? If my view is valid then it seems to me that we have been discussing technology (e.g. which prog language is better for a domain) only because we cannot address the elephant in the room - aka peopleware. And if that's so then in large part a lot of what we do is effectively losing battles. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment