ads

Wednesday 9 November 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Work Instead of Tech?

Ask HN: Work Instead of Tech?
24 by needanewplan | 35 comments on Hacker News.
Obviously a throwaway. I've been doing tech for years (20+). I've been through the startup ringer. I've founded my own company (and exited, nothing real). I've dealt with all of it. It just feels like everything is moving bits now - and the bits sometimes have new fun names, the systems change, the language changes, but it's moving bits. I've had a meaningful, impactful career - I've mentored, given back, done charity work too. I have gratitude, thankfulness, health, and religion. But I'm done. Whether it's working on cool tech, or doing meaningful work like supporting freedom on country X.. I'm done. I'm trying to figure out what else I can do with my life. What else is there that is middle-of-the-road salary-wise, like tech. I'm not looking for massive FAANG like salary replacement, stock, etc. But I am trying to figure out what else I can do that is in any way similar to the middle. I think a lot of us think about this - I know that I have many conversations about it that others bring up. So I thought.. crowdsource? What does HN think?

No comments:

Post a Comment