ads

Thursday 13 October 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Can you recommend me a fast, light text editor for Windows?

Ask HN: Can you recommend me a fast, light text editor for Windows?
4 by supersparrow | 2 comments on Hacker News.
What do you guys use when you want to quickly open a file? I used to use VS Code for this purpose, but it's becoming more and more like an IDE and doesn't quite have the startup time that I would want anymore. Plus, it's a bit annoying when I already have a project open as it'll open as a tab and look as if it's part of that project if that makes sense. Notepad almost fits my spec (startup time, simple, quick UI), but it doesn't have syntax highlighting or anything useful for text manipulation/navigation/etc. I could never get along with Notepad++ - it's hard to explain why, because I can see it's a fantastic editor and is very popular, but it just doesn't fit into the way I work I suppose. I think the main key points for me are startup time and syntax highlighting. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment