ads

Saturday 11 June 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Tell HN: Bitwarden does not export attachments in backups

Tell HN: Bitwarden does not export attachments in backups
65 by howlett | 12 comments on Hacker News.
I've been using Bitwarden for about 4 years now and cannot understand how a Password Manager does not export attachments when backing up your data. I understand this was the case when the only export format was a CSV file, but now with JSON files I can't get my head around the fact that I almost missed crucial SSH keys had I not checked the output. A simple solution would be to b64 encode each file and add it into an array! It's even mentioned on their Help page - https://ift.tt/m3jfbqX but I still think it's a bit unacceptable that there isn't even a warning in the GUI about this. And yes, I know there are ways to manually export the files, but I shouldn't have to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment