ads

Sunday 20 March 2022

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Third Party Elements from Improving.duckduckgo.com

Ask HN: Third Party Elements from Improving.duckduckgo.com
9 by rupertfupert | 5 comments on Hacker News.
I am not a very technical person but I try to browse the web consciously. In practice that means that I use uMatrix to observe and block third party content and trackers (coupled with uBlock). On almost every popular website that means that I mostly see google tracking (tagmanager, doubleclick, fonts, captacha). But recently I saw that third party elements of improving.duckduckgo.com are appearing every time I visit a link that I clicked in a duckduckgo search. uMatrix doesn't categorise it as script or XHR, but simply as 'other'. And the element seems only to be requested when coming directly from the search result, not like the google stuff that is usually always there. Does someone know what is going on here? Do I need to worry that ddg is becoming the next google?

No comments:

Post a Comment