ads

Friday 17 December 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do you accept your place in the world?

Ask HN: How do you accept your place in the world?
27 by aydwi | 21 comments on Hacker News.
I've been reading a lot as of late. All sorts of things, but mostly technical posts and papers by a wide variety of programmers and researchers. Especially about the Rust Programming Language. The more content I discover, the tinier and irrelevant I feel. I go down a rabbit hole of brilliant relevations of one person after the other, and I come out tired and discouraged. People are writing crazy compilers, optimizers, devising mathematical mathematical theorems etc. and finding concerete applications of their work everywhere. For instance, I just discovered the blog of Aleksey Kladov today and the depth and breadth of his work made my jaw drop. Now, I realize this is rather superficial to talk about. I myself work on low-level systems, writing non-trivial code and trying to solve all sorts of interesting problems. Senior engineers and professors have told me that I'm brilliant. But when I'm alone with myself, I feel like I know that I'm a nobody. I try not to compare myself; but I'm also unable to shrug these feeling off, however indirect. P.S. Not intended as a humblebrag. I truly need external input at this point. Sorry if this is offensive to some.

No comments:

Post a Comment