ads

Thursday 14 October 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: What does one look for in a laptop these days?

Ask HN: What does one look for in a laptop these days?
10 by godDLL | 23 comments on Hacker News.
I'd like to understand if I'm missing on any new developments since 2015 or so. Here's what I'd like to have: *. Goes: preference and alternative, deal-breakers: 1. SIM preferable, WiFi acceptible, but Bluetooth has to be good 2. Spill and dust resistant keyboard that doesn't feel like typing on nothing 3. Trackpoint or trackpad, that works 4. Stylus or touch-screen that doesn't glare 5. Good power management, lasts through the day, done charging in 2.5 hours 6. Runs the hacky-mac or Slax, has a head-set jack 7. Good GPU, fast storage, two fast external storage ports From my understanding I fit a kind of profile, and am very much not alone. But I'd like to know what the HN crowd take on this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment